Reserve Duty and VALTAM
Technion’s Dean of Students Office provides extensive benefits and support services to students serving in IDF reserve duty. For moreinformation please contact the Accomodations Coordinator, Ms. Shuly Shwartz:
Tel: 04-8292535 | Dean of Students Office, Fishbach Building (side entrance adjacent to Ullmann Building)
Benefits & Services
- Handling VALTAM related issues.
- Personal assistance.
- Ongoing support and guidance.
- Information and arranging authorization regarding entitlements for free summer courses.
- Information on entitlement for option to convert social actions into academic credits (permitted twice during the course of their degree).
- Remote access to all internet services provided to students on campus (using Net Sticks Cell Modems) and consent for recording lectures during reserve duty.
- Referral for tutoring services.
More information about student benefits is available in Hebrew:
- Information Sheet for Students in Active Reserve Duty (DOCX)
- Information Sheet for Graduate Students in Active Reserve Duty (DOCX)
- Guidelines for Submitting VALTAM (DOCX)
- Student Benefits for Reservists (Summer Semester 2016) (DOCX)
- Implementation of right for Students in Active Reserve Duty (DOCX)